Orange County Gets Approval from State to Move Further into Stage 2
The State of California has approved Orange County’s Variance Attestation Form, which was submitted on May 21. This approval allows Orange County to move further into Stage 2 – allowing dining at restaurants and in-store shopping – while still adhering to social distancing restrictions. The approval is effective immediately.
Expanded Stage 2 with Attestation:
Orange County can progress to open these sectors more rapidly.
• Destination retail (retail stores), including shopping malls and swap meets
• Dine-in restaurants (other amenities, like bars or gaming areas, are not permitted in Stage 2)
• Schools with modifications
Not Permitted in Stage 2:
• Personal services such as nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and fitness studios
• Indoor museums, kids museums and gallery spaces, zoos and libraries
• Community centers, including public pools, playgrounds, and picnic areas
• Limited-capacity religious services and cultural ceremonies
• Concert venues
• Live audience sports
• Theme parks
• Hotels/lodging for leisure and tourism – non-essential travel
• Higher Education
Let’s Work Together – Thank You for Shopping Local & Supporting our Businesses
We know people are eager for businesses to reopen. We would like to remind everyone to be patient and kind to one another. This is new territory for everyone, but we’re all experiencing this together.
Businesses have been working around the clock, implementing additional measures to ensure customer safety. Employees are just now starting to get back to work so there may be more traffic and longer wait times, but just remember these employees are your neighbors. Be patient as businesses rebuild their stock and supply. Please adhere to protocols set forth by businesses as they’re doing everything they can to serve and support our community.
We hope you’ll join us in supporting our businesses by dining and shopping local. Thank you, Dana Point!