Connectivity Can’t Be Canceled
Set Up a Digital Gift Card
Give more people a way to support your business with gift cards. Facebook is helping people easily discover digital gift cards to support local businesses.
When you set up a digital gift card with one of Facebook’s partners, people in your area will be able to discover it right on Facebook. When they click on your gift card, they’ll be able to purchase it online immediately.
Host an Online Meeting
Despite social distancing restrictions, there are still plenty of ways to engage with your customers, clients and event attendees virtually. Consider hosting your event or meeting virtually using the free version of:
Running a Business From Home
- G-Suite – Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendars, etc. – Easily work on documents, spreadsheets, and slides across your devices, with or without internet. Work in a single document with teammates or people outside your company.
- Dropbox Business – Secure file storage and a way to easily share files and documents with your employees
- Cisco – Offering the free version of its Webex service with no time restrictions. In addition, it will allow up to 100 meeting participants and has added toll-free dial-in features with a 90-day license for businesses that are not already customers.
- Quickbooks Online
- Asana – Project Management
- Workplace by Facebook – Dedicated and secure working space for organizations to connect, communicate and collaborate
- LogMeIn – Provides remote desktop access from numerous devices. FREE for three months
- Canva – Create social media posts, flyers, posters, business cards, etc. with this all encompassing design tool.
- Google: Resources to Help your Small Business Manage Through Uncertainty
- 10 G-Suite Tips to Work with Remote Teams
- Working From Home 101
- 5 Tips for Staying Productive and Mentally Healthy While You’re Working From Home
- Googles tips for Working from Home
Keep Up Your Social Media Posts
Your customers want to hear from you! As we navigate these unprecedented times, it’s important to have an online presence on social media and your website. Engage with your customers by frequently posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Your customers and members of the community are rallying around you.
Things your customers want to know:
- Are you open? What are your business hours?
- Do you offer take-out, curbside pickup, or delivery?
- Do you have online sales? Consider implementing sales or promotions (ex: free shipping, sale/clearance, etc.)
- Restaurants: Post pictures of your food, menu options, specials, staff, etc. Post online cooking tutorials or tips that people can use while they’re at home.
- Retail/Boutique: Post pictures of your merchandise or products that are available for purchase online. If you do not have online sales, consider virtual sales through social media or allow customers to call and place items on hold.
- Gyms/Fitness Studios: Post virtual workouts and designate times throughout the day to GO LIVE so members can feel like they’re in a “class.” Consider posting meal prep ideas, nutritional information, etc. – Mental health is just as important as your physical health!
Professional Services: Keep your clients up-to-date with time related information (finances, insurance, utilities, etc.) Also, help your clients plan for the future!
Let’s face it, your customers are going to have a lot of time on their hands, and they’ll be looking for ways to support you. Outside of ordering to-go, purchasing merchandise or even grabbing a gift card, they can support you by submitting reviews to your Yelp, Google, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages and helping you to increase your ratings, which will help you in the long run.
Whether you’re just starting out, need to learn how to run ads, or need a refresher – the Chamber is here to help! Send us an email with the following information at email@example.com
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- What social media channels are you currently on? (send us links to your pages)
- What are you trying to achieve?
Dana Point Chamber COVID-19 Resource Pages
Dana Point Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Main Resource Page
Small Business Resources – Comprehensive list of resources available to employers and employees. Includes links to federal and state resources as well as information about insurance, loan assistance and more
Health & Advisory Updates – Links to agencies providing health updates on the Coronavirus in Orange County
Community Resources – Updates from the County of Orange, City of Dana Point, CUSD & Utility Companies
Dana Point Restaurants Grab & Go Options – Featuring all of the restaurants in Dana Point currently open and providing to-go and curbside dining options