- County of Orange – COVID-19 Case Counts & Testing Figures
County Issues Amended Health Order and Guidance (REVISED May 28, 2020)
The Public Health Order issued by the County Health Officer on March 17, 2020 has been amended in light of new and changing State guidelines and to provide clarity for Orange County residents and businesses. It is important for all Orange County residents and businesses to read the Order and Guidance in its entirety.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (issued March 19, 2020)
- County of Orange Health Officer Dr. Nichole Quick reminds Orange County residents that individuals experiencing symptoms of a medical emergency need to seek immediate health care or call 9-1-1. She urges patients to not delay in seeking care for life-threatening issues beyond COVID-19, and that emergency rooms are equipped to handle patients safely.
- City Hall has reopened to the public, Monday through Friday, with modifications. Walk-ins are from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon, and by appointment from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (call 949.248.3500). The City has initiated a number of protocols, procedures, and guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for employees and the public, and to reduce the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace. These protocols include mandatory face coverings and temperature screenings for both City staff and members of the public before receiving in-person services at City Hall. Read more about it here.
- Updated Beach Information
- COVID-19 Employment Support Services
- COVID-19 Services and Resources Directory
- Temporary Outdoor Operations Permit Application – The City of Dana Point has developed a permit process to allow restaurants to establish outdoor seating in support of providing a safe, clean environment for workers and customers in compliance with State COVID-19 Industry Guidance. Once submitted and permission to operate is granted by the County/State, the City will prioritize initial approvals to allow operations to proceed. Read more about it here.
- Review all community updates from the City of Dana Point
- Subscribe to the City of Dana Point Newsletter
IRS Stimulus Checks
The IRS has begun depositing Economic Impact Payments, also known as Stimulus Checks. For most taxpayers, payments are automatic, and no further action is needed. This includes taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees.
Now, you can check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment using the Get My Payment tool released by the IRS. This application will give you information about your payment status, payment type, and whether the IRS needs more information from you.
Access the Get My Payment tool
Dana Point Times – COVID-19 Updates
- For all the latest local news and how COVID-19 is affecting Dana Point and South Orange County, visit Dana Point Times for up-to-date information.
- SDG&E is offering flexible payment plans and suspending disconnections due to nonpayment. Also, they’ve partnered with other local agencies to launch a Community Response Fund.
SoCalGas is committed to providing safe and reliable service and we do not anticipate any service disruptions at this time. Additionally, they are committed to helping customers and small businesses experiencing hardships, including impacts from the Coronavirus. If in need of assistance, customers are encouraged to call 1-800-427-2200 or visit their website.
- South Coast Water District
SCWD wants to assure customers that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has no impact on the quality of your drinking water. While their offices and facilities will be closed to the public, their staff is still readily available and SCWD is committed to providing reliable, uninterrupted service to their customers.
- Moulton Niguel Water District
Moulton Niguel Water District that their drinking water is safe: Coronavirus has no impact on our drinking water system. MNWD drinking water is safe and reliable. Additionally, there will be no interruptions in your water service.
With many businesses, schools, homes and other buildings being unused, water in your building’s pipes can becomes stagnant. Moulton Niguel recommends you take steps to restore your building’s plumbing with fresh water. View those steps here.
Capistrano Unified School District
- CUSD schools are currently closed.
“The District continues to closely monitor the situation regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) while working with expert partner agencies to ensure we are providing our community with accurate and timely information. A resource page ( linked here ) was created which includes the most recent CUSD-related information, links to expert health agencies, District frequently asked questions (FAQ), and an archive of District communications. The District will continue to update our community as we have new information.”
Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Suspend Standardized Testing for Students in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA)
- OCTA will temporarily implement a Sunday Service Schedule on all days, along with regular Stationlink and iShuttle service, until further notice. OCTA is taking this action after careful consideration to safeguard the health of its riders and employees while continuing to offer safe and reliable service. View and download the entire Bus Book with routes, fares and schedules, or create a personalized Bus Book with the bus and train routes you use the most.
Dana Point Chamber COVID-19 Resource Pages
Dana Point Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Main Resource Page
Small Business Resources – Comprehensive list of resources available to employers and employees. Includes links to federal and state resources as well as information about insurance, loan assistance and more
Resources & Tips for Working From Home – Helpful articles, business resources and tips to stay connected to your customers
Health & Advisory Updates – Links to agencies providing health updates on the Coronavirus in Orange County
Dana Point Restaurants Grab & Go Options – Featuring all of the restaurants in Dana Point currently open and providing to-go and curbside dining options