Water Pipeline Construction Work Scheduled to Begin in Early November
WHAT: South Coast Water District (SCWD) will continue construction near you on a portion of the Dana Point Town Center Water, Sewer and Storm Drain Improvement Project. The project will bring added water, sewer and storm drain facilities to the area and provide the infrastructure necessary for the City’s Town Center Project. You can expect the following during construction:
- Construction hours are generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Access to residents and businesses will remain available
- Increased truck and/or equipment traffic
- Traffic control, temporary lane closures and minor traffic delays
- On-street parking and bicycle lanes may be temporarily restricted
- Detour and “businesses open” signs to assist traffic
- Noise, dust, vibrations minimized to the extent possible
WHERE: Upcoming water pipeline installation will begin on Pacific Coast Hwy. between Blue Lantern and Copper Lantern and on Del Prado from Blue Lantern to Ruby Lantern. Current and upcoming construction activities are as follows:
- Storm drain construction from Golden Lantern to Silver Lantern is anticipated to be completed in early November.
- Violet Lantern is intermittently closed from Pacific Coast Hwy. to San Juan Ave. for sewer pipeline installation and pavement improvements anticipated through mid-November. A detour is available through San Juan Ave. and a portion of Violet Lantern. (See map on reverse side for details).
- Water pipeline installation will begin in early November on Pacific Coast Highway and on Del Prado. (See map on reverse side for details).
WHEN: Pipeline construction is anticipated to begin in early November 2013 and last through early 2014. We are committed to completing the project as quickly as possible; however this timeframe could change due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. For updated project schedule information, please visit www.scwd.org.
WHY: This project will involve installing larger capacity water and sewer lines to accommodate the expected increases in the number of people living and working in the Town Center area. SCWD is doing this work now to minimize costs, traffic congestion and future construction inconveniences to businesses and residents.
If you have any questions, please call our Construction Hotline at (949) 499-4555, Ext. 6 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us online at www.scwd.org, or follow us on:
We appreciate your patience as we work to improve water and sewer service and reliability!